snop logo

The new Ecofast system for the household ecology, called SNOP, patented in Europe, Australia, China, japan, Korea, Singapore (PCT/EP02/01505) is the obvious solution in the management of the food waste.
A food waste disposer grinds the food scraps just beneath the sink.
Then, a special centrifugal, driven by the same electrical motor, squeezes the liquid pulp, separating the solids from the water. Finally, while the water goes into the sewerage system, the almost dry, finely ground waste matter is automatically collected in a special bin which could be equipped with an electronic weighting device.
Simple, isn’t it? And in addition, the demand maintenance is equivalent to the other household appliances, as all the components of the centrifugal are washable in a standard washer.

In this way, it is possible to reduce the volume of the food waste by up to 80%, recycling the remaining 20% into a finely ground, almost dry food waste matter which can be easily collected and recycled in a composting plant to produce organic fertilizer of top quality class. This is a possible and highly innovative solution to the critical problem of the economical management of food waste which represents almost 30% of the Municipal Solid Waste daily produced by us.


– Less odours and more hygiene in the kitchens
– Less waste for the dustbin, less efforts and less time devoted for taking the waste outside
– Low consumption and cost for water and electricity
– Possible economical inducement
– Reduction of the municipal feesfor lower quantities of waste produced
– Ease of installation and use, low noise and maintenance
– Demand maintenanceequivalent to the other household appliances


– More waste collectedin source separated collecting system
– Less costs for carrying out source separated collecting system and relative haulage and disposal of domestic waste
– Supply of a bio-waste raw material which is of economical value
– The possibility to quantify weight directly to home user
– Less disposal trucks less waste bins and less smells on the streets
– No problem of overloading the sewerage system and waste waster treatment plant
– Waste that is dryer and hence less of a pollution hazard

Extract from PCT/EP/ 02/01505

The present invention refers to a device for grinding and dehydrating organic waste, in particular for domestic use, which uses a container for dehydrated material, autonomous and extractable.

The main characteristics of the invention are:

  • To create a machine without the necessity of an auxiliary external device for the dehydration of organic waste
  • to create a machine which is particularly simple and not bulky that may be easily installed under the sinks and that is particularly simple to clean and to manage
  • to create a machine which gives a suitable solution to the separate collection of the organic fraction of solid domestic urban waste, in respect of environmental protection and of a considerable economic saving in the collection itself
  • to collect the waste of kitchen activity at the same time that they are generated guaranteeing the merceological and a high and selective quality of the same
  • use this secondary raw material for compost of hich quality;(given its merceological purity and its reduced salinity, generated by the grinding in the presence of water) and , if it is so, chosen by the public
  • the possibility of weighing the waste produced should give a valid contribution in the field of the analysis of consumption on the subject of payment of the services for the collection and disposal of urban waste.